Who we are & What we do
The Richard Price Society seeks to:
- To promote and inform the general public of the contribution of Dr Richard Price to the Enlightenment in general, and to the development and establishment of Representative Democracies in particular.
- To promote and preserve the legacy of Dr Richard Price’s contribution to the field of Moral Philosophy and Ethics.
- To promote and preserve the legacy of Dr Richard Price’s contribution to the field of Mathematics and Actuarial Science.
- To educate the wider public through exhibitions and lectures of the contribution of Dr Richard Price to the 18th Century intellectual life and how his ideas and beliefs are of relevance today.
- To preserve all aspects of the heritage of Dr Richard Price for the good of society and the general public.
We aim to do this by:
- Hosting a permanent exhibition in his birthplace at Llangeinor, near Bridgend.
- Arranging a series of Guest Speakers to give public talks on all aspects of Richard
- Touring Schools, Womens Institutes and PROBUS Clubs to raise awareness of
the contribution of Richard Price to 18th Century life and todays society.
- Producing pamphlets and other literature to make the general public aware of
the importance of Richard Price both in the past and in the present.